We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, fill out a form, communicate with us via third-party platforms, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name and email address, brand name, role, location, industry, and any other information you choose to provide.
Employment application: We collect personal information such as your name, address, e-mail, and phone number when you apply for employment with us through the Site. In addition, we may collect information relating to your education and employment history when you submit that information as part of an employment application. Not all requested information is required, however, and we specifically indicate what information is required in order to submit your employment application.
Other Information We Collect When You Use the Services
When you access or use the Services or transact with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
● Log Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
● Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
● Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address.
● Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those that perform work for us) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") are electronic images that may be used in the Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
If you are a Merchant Consumer and a California resident, please see the section below entitled “Additional Information for California Residents” to learn about the personal information we receive about you and your rights with respect to such information.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences from you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to:
● Provide, maintain and improve the Services;
● Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
● Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Disco and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
● Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services;
● Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
● Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Disco and others;
● Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
● In connection with research and development activities;
● In connection with our hiring activities;
● Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
● Create de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information; and
● Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share your personal information in the following circumstances:
● With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us;
● In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
● If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Disco or others;
● In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Disco assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
● Between and among Disco and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
● With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
YOUR CHOICES Information
You may access, update, and correct certain information you provide to us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using your account settings page. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Disco by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (collectively, the “CCPA”), we are providing the following additional details regarding the categories of Personal Information about California residents, including our job applicants, that we collect, use, or disclose. Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household.
Collection, Disclosure, Sale, and Sharing of Personal Information
The following chart details which categories of Personal Information about California residents we collect, as well as which categories of Personal Information we have collected and disclosed for our operational business purposes in the preceding 12 months. The chart also details the categories of Personal Information that we “sell” or “share” for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising (as defined in the CCPA), including within the preceding 12 months.
Sources of Personal Information
Purposes for the Collection, Use, Disclosure, Sale, and Sharing of Personal Information
As described in detail above, under “USE OF INFORMATION,” we collect, use, disclose, sell or share Personal Information to operate, manage, and maintain our business, provide our products and services, and accomplish our business purposes and objectives. In addition, we use Personal Information collected about our job applicants for sourcing and recruiting talent, including to manage the applicant selection process, conduct reference checks, and analyze the diversity of job applicants, in accordance with applicable law.
We may collect, use, and disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes of performing services for our business, providing goods or services as requested by you, ensuring security and integrity, short term transient use such as displaying first party, non-personalized advertising, order processing and fulfillment, servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, and activities relating to quality and safety control or product improvement.
We do not knowingly “sell” or “share” Personal Information, including Sensitive Personal Information, of individuals under the age of 16.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was collected. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
● The length of time we provide services to you or have an ongoing relationship with you and the length of time thereafter during which we may have a legitimate need to reference your Personal Information to address issues that may arise;
● Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject, for example, certain laws require us to keep copies of your transactions or application records for a certain period of time before we can delete them; or
● Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position, such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations.
Individual Rights and Requests
If you are a California resident, you may make the following requests:
(1) Request to Know. You may request that we disclose to you the following information:
● The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
● The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you, including in a portable format;
● The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or “sharing” Personal Information about you;
● The categories of Personal Information about you that we sold or “shared” and, for each, the categories of third parties to whom we sold or “shared” such Personal Information;
● The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise disclosed, and, for each, the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such Personal Information.
(2) Request to Delete. You may request that we delete Personal Information we collected from you.
(3) Request to Correct. You may request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
To make aRequest to Know, Correct, or Delete, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information subject to the request. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you, such as email address, and full legal name, in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests. If you make a Request to Delete, we may ask you to confirm your request before we delete your Personal Information.
(4) Request to Opt-Out of Sale and/or Sharing. You may request to opt out of any future “sale” and/or “sharing” (for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising as defined by the CCPA) of your Personal Information by clicking here.
(5) Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
If an agent would like to make a request on your behalf as permitted by applicable law, the agent may use the submission methods noted in the section entitled “Individual Rights and Requests.” As part of our verification process, we may request that the agent provide, as applicable, proof concerning their status as an authorized agent. In addition, we may require that you verify your identity as described in the section entitled “Individual Rights and Requests” or confirm that you provided the agent permission to submit the request.
Where we maintain or use de-identified information, we will continue to maintain and use the de-identified information only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify the information.